One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry concerned with the application of the techniques and theories of physics to the study of chemical systems.
- ‘She earned degrees in physical chemistry and chemical engineering from the University of Cape Town in South Africa.’
- ‘This branch of physical chemistry determines the equilibria of ionic reactions and their response to changes in external variables.’
- ‘But then unlike most of his physical chemistry colleagues Zare is equally fascinated by analytical chemistry.’
- ‘He now worked on thermodynamics, publishing three papers on applications to physical chemistry and thermoelectricity.’
- ‘Much of physical chemistry is based on theories and math.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.