One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although the direction of phyllotaxis appears to be random in many plants, there is some evidence for a genotypic component of consistent phyllotactic bias in some species of Tifolieae.’
- ‘Counting ribs and phyllotactic spirals was easy and accurate, so that should have introduced little error.’
- ‘For example, in the case of sho mutants, the predominance of a distichous phyllotactic pattern is not recognizable by visual observation of the schematic alignment of primordia.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that there is no discontinuity in the phyllotactic pattern of the flowers between the different zones of the inflorescence.’
- ‘The sympodia are arranged more or less parallel to the stem axis and follow the phyllotactic spirals of the leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.