Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to express sexual desire.
- ‘He had got rid of his dreamy curls… and looked even more… edible… phwoah!’
- ‘As we headed to the taxi, Gareth defo got cruised by cute guy in denim (phwoah!)’
- ‘Then I went to Lunsford Park Tescos, where I cruised a Tesco ‘colleague’ and scared another by staring at him intently, with tongue hanging out as he was the cutest bloke I have seen so far this year… phwoah!’
- ‘After work Gareth and Rhianne came and picked me up and we went to Cineworld and saw Terminator 3 (phwoah Arnie… mmm…).’
- ‘It could be the single of summer - that's for you to decide but one thing's for sure, they don't get much better than this trailer track from Pearl's forthcoming album - a positive Factor 10 on the phwoah scale.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.