Relating to the production of electric current at the junction of two substances exposed to light:‘photovoltaic cells’
- ‘As the technology behind photovoltaic energy advances, consumers will be unable to resist the urge to convert.’
- ‘Alternative energy strategies such as photovoltaic panels can be used to teach about electricity and how it is produced.’
- ‘Once photovoltaic cells and other means of producing energy become cheap the release of CO2 into the atmosphere will become optional.’
- ‘Another method of on-site power generation is the photovoltaic cell.’
- ‘With a photovoltaic system, the facility generates much of its own electricity and is able to resell some of it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.