Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the production of electric current at the junction of two substances exposed to light.‘photovoltaic cells’
- ‘Another method of on-site power generation is the photovoltaic cell.’
- ‘Alternative energy strategies such as photovoltaic panels can be used to teach about electricity and how it is produced.’
- ‘With a photovoltaic system, the facility generates much of its own electricity and is able to resell some of it.’
- ‘As the technology behind photovoltaic energy advances, consumers will be unable to resist the urge to convert.’
- ‘Once photovoltaic cells and other means of producing energy become cheap the release of CO2 into the atmosphere will become optional.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.