One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of light in the treatment of physical or mental illness.
- ‘In some cases, a jaundice baby has to have a treatment called phototherapy.’
- ‘As a result, light therapy or phototherapy has been developed.’
- ‘If 50 percent or more of the scalp is involved, treatment options include topical immunotherapy, systemic steroids or phototherapy.’
- ‘Details of previously affected pregnancies - particularly transfusions in the womb, neonatal anaemia, and the need for exchange transfusions or phototherapy - should also be obtained.’
- ‘Light therapy, also called phototherapy, has been used to treat seasonal affective disorder since the early 1980s, and it has many benefits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.