One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nurses and foragers also differ in phototactic behaviour where nurses are negatively phototactic (avoid light) and foragers are positively phototactic (attracted to light).’
- ‘From a screen of 18,500 mutagenized flies, 171 phototactic mutants were recovered of which 15 appear to be specifically defective in synaptic transmission on the basis of the results of electroretinogram recordings.’
- ‘These unicellular photoreceptors contain both the putative photosensory microvilli and the shielding pigment granules within the same cell, which also carries a motor cilium that enables the larva to show phototactic behavior.’
- ‘Lebert and Hader observed a curious phototactic phenomenon in eyeless mutants of Euglena, i.e. it swam perpendicularly with respect to the incident light, namely, diaphototaxis.’
- ‘Most unicellular flagellate algae are phototactic, i.e., capable of orientation with respect to the direction of light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.