One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesize nutrients from carbon dioxide and water. Photosynthesis in plants generally involves the green pigment chlorophyll and generates oxygen as a by-product.
- ‘This is an integrative trait, reflecting both light and dark reactions of photosynthesis.’
- ‘To avoid the production of oxygen via photosynthesis, plants were kept in the dark.’
- ‘As injury progresses, heavily damaged leaves lose their green colour and photosynthesis is much reduced.’
- ‘Their job is to absorb the rays from the sun to begin the process known as photosynthesis.’
- ‘These results are consistent with the previous report that water stress inhibits photosynthesis.’
- ‘Carbohydrate depletion and reduced photosynthesis are the main effects of submergence on plant tissues.’
- ‘It has long been known that magnesium availability to plants imposes limits on photosynthesis.’
- ‘In addition, rates of light-limited photosynthesis and oxygen yield are decreased in the mutants.’
- ‘Light is necessary for photosynthesis in plants, but the supply of light in natural environments is not constant.’
- ‘Anthocyanins are water soluble pigments but are not involved in photosynthesis.’
- ‘Drought reduces productivity by inhibiting plant growth and photosynthesis.’
- ‘Stomata are involved in two of the most important plant processes, photosynthesis and transpiration.’
- ‘These populations do not have the ability to utilize exogenous bicarbonate for the process of photosynthesis.’
- ‘Possible use of serine derived directly from photosynthesis was ignored in this analysis.’
- ‘Normally the proportion of the two isotopes of carbon is simply controlled by the rate of photosynthesis in plant tissues.’
- ‘Evidence is increasing of a new player in carbon metabolite regulation of photosynthesis.’
- ‘Many forms are capable of photosynthesis and hence resemble plants in the way that they obtain energy.’
- ‘Carbohydrates accumulate in plants during the autumn as rates of photosynthesis begin to exceed growth.’
- ‘When maize encounters water deficits, there is a decline in photosynthesis per plant.’
- ‘It is created, as we have seen, during photosynthesis, when organisms strip oxygen from water molecules.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.