One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesize nutrients from carbon dioxide and water. Photosynthesis in plants generally involves the green pigment chlorophyll and generates oxygen as a by-product.
- ‘Their job is to absorb the rays from the sun to begin the process known as photosynthesis.’
- ‘Anthocyanins are water soluble pigments but are not involved in photosynthesis.’
- ‘This is an integrative trait, reflecting both light and dark reactions of photosynthesis.’
- ‘As injury progresses, heavily damaged leaves lose their green colour and photosynthesis is much reduced.’
- ‘Carbohydrate depletion and reduced photosynthesis are the main effects of submergence on plant tissues.’
- ‘These results are consistent with the previous report that water stress inhibits photosynthesis.’
- ‘Many forms are capable of photosynthesis and hence resemble plants in the way that they obtain energy.’
- ‘When maize encounters water deficits, there is a decline in photosynthesis per plant.’
- ‘Stomata are involved in two of the most important plant processes, photosynthesis and transpiration.’
- ‘These populations do not have the ability to utilize exogenous bicarbonate for the process of photosynthesis.’
- ‘In addition, rates of light-limited photosynthesis and oxygen yield are decreased in the mutants.’
- ‘Possible use of serine derived directly from photosynthesis was ignored in this analysis.’
- ‘Evidence is increasing of a new player in carbon metabolite regulation of photosynthesis.’
- ‘Light is necessary for photosynthesis in plants, but the supply of light in natural environments is not constant.’
- ‘Drought reduces productivity by inhibiting plant growth and photosynthesis.’
- ‘It is created, as we have seen, during photosynthesis, when organisms strip oxygen from water molecules.’
- ‘Carbohydrates accumulate in plants during the autumn as rates of photosynthesis begin to exceed growth.’
- ‘It has long been known that magnesium availability to plants imposes limits on photosynthesis.’
- ‘To avoid the production of oxygen via photosynthesis, plants were kept in the dark.’
- ‘Normally the proportion of the two isotopes of carbon is simply controlled by the rate of photosynthesis in plant tissues.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.