One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sugar or other substance made by photosynthesis.
- ‘Photosynthesis, partitioning of photosynthates and growth need to be highly co-ordinated to allow efficient plant development and growth.’
- ‘The carbon-containing products of photosynthesis are called photosynthates.’
- ‘This was accompanied by an increase of carbohydrate partitioning towards the root, especially of starch and sucrose, because photosynthates produced could not be used for growth.’
- ‘This tool was used to test the hypothesis that photosynthesis under N-limited conditions is limited by the use of photosynthates while under P-limited conditions the production of assimilates is limited.’
- ‘When the demand for photosynthates produced by the leaf under consideration is large, sugar concentration of this leaf would be low because of vigorous translocation to sink organs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.