Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a chemical, electrical, or other response to light.‘photosensitive cells’‘photosensitive drugs’
- ‘Some polymers, such as most polyimides and polycarbonates, are not photosensitive and are typically processed using photoresist patterning and reactive ion etching.’
- ‘When exposed to ultraviolet light, a photosensitive chemical in the liquid causes the material to harden and encapsulate the cells.’
- ‘However, if only the ligand is photosensitive, then light can only influence the metal-ligand binding indirectly.’
- ‘One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.’
- ‘The majority of photosensitive molecules have a heterocyclic ring structure similar to that of chlorophyll or hemoglobin.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.