One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a chemical, electrical, or other response to light.‘photosensitive cells’‘photosensitive drugs’
- ‘When exposed to ultraviolet light, a photosensitive chemical in the liquid causes the material to harden and encapsulate the cells.’
- ‘One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.’
- ‘However, if only the ligand is photosensitive, then light can only influence the metal-ligand binding indirectly.’
- ‘The majority of photosensitive molecules have a heterocyclic ring structure similar to that of chlorophyll or hemoglobin.’
- ‘Some polymers, such as most polyimides and polycarbonates, are not photosensitive and are typically processed using photoresist patterning and reactive ion etching.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.