One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Military reconnaissance carried out by means of aerial photography.
- ‘The Fanhui Shi Weixing recoverable satellites were originally developed for photoreconnaissance but now are also used for remote sensing.’
- ‘During World War II, optical photoreconnaissance was the answer to finding and destroying military targets through optical images and bombsights - changing the way modern wars are fought and, thus, the course of history.’
- ‘The declassified record shows a major emphasis on planning for timely photoreconnaissance to corroborate human intelligence reports.’
- ‘On the same day as the Israeli photoreconnaissance, signals intelligence intercepted an order from the Egyptian high command to break the Ramadan fast, a sure sign that something extraordinary was about to occur.’
- ‘However, during the air assault, many commanders learned that these teams and photoreconnaissance could only provide a partial picture of the enemy situation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.