Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A product of a photochemical reaction.
- ‘Given the large variability in water chemistry of the studied systems, we suggest that these photoproducts are universally produced in sunlight exposed lake water.’
- ‘It appears as a result of the photosensitized formation of free radicals, singlet oxygen, photoproducts or other intermediates.’
- ‘This is likely caused by the catalytic conversion of one or more initially derived UCA photoproducts into secondary products that are better UV-A sensitizers than UCA itself.’
- ‘In the absence of DNA, only two photoproducts (cis and trans isomers) were detected for all compounds.’
- ‘The cellular milieu would then support the immunosuppressive reactions of UVB and its photoproduct, cis-urocanic acid, through their oxidant dependence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.