One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extreme sensitivity to light.
- ‘Its typical ocular manifestations are recognised by a variety of clinical features including pain, gritty eyes, photophobia, chemosis, diplopia, and exophthalmos.’
- ‘The clinical features of thyroid eye disease include ocular pain, photophobia, chemosis, diplopia, exophthalmos, and eye irritation.’
- ‘The eye involvement can include uveitis, episcleritis, conjunctivitis, and photophobia.’
- ‘Older children may complain of a headache, photophobia (eye sensitivity to light), and a stiff neck, which is often noted by the doctor during a physical exam.’
- ‘A 28 year old woman had frequent migraine headaches for 15 years with nausea and photophobia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.