One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounZoology Botany
The response of an organism to seasonal changes in day length.
- ‘The three men formed an informal team to find the substance that controls photoperiodism.’
- ‘Cryptochromes are pigmented photoreceptors that are involved in blue-light mediated photomorphogenesis and photoperiodism in plants.’
- ‘When it comes to flowering, photoperiodism is by no means the only game in town.’
- ‘Colored mulch research can be traced to historic USDA studies dating back to 1918 that led to the discovery of photoperiodism.’
- ‘Sensitivity to the timing of light and darkness, termed photoperiodism, involves the integration of temporal information, provided by the circadian oscillator, with light/dark discrimination provided by specific photoreceptors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.