One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Leaves communicate photoperiodic signals to meristems, stolons and buds in flowering, tuberization and dormancy.’
- ‘To expose gametophytes to particular photoperiodic conditions, the bagged Petri plates were placed in a light-tight box over which was installed the fluorescent source.’
- ‘Within species that show latitudinal variation in both thermal and photoperiodic response, that of photoperiodic response tracks the climatic gradient more closely.’
- ‘It was assumed that factors that are under photoperiodic control would show a clinal order among the ecotypes.’
- ‘Some songbirds modify their sensitivity to the usual photoperiodic cues that control breeding onset, such that photoperiod response thresholds differ between populations at different latitudes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.