One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument containing a photoelectric cell and a series of electrodes, used to detect and amplify the light from very faint sources.
- ‘Samples were also simultaneously imaged using the secondary electrons that were detected by a photomultiplier.’
- ‘The reflected fluorescence was detected via photomultipliers.’
- ‘With Pica, a photomultiplier detects the emitted photons but, because of the small number produced during switching, multiple passes have to be used to build up a picture of circuit activity.’
- ‘After collection of the emitted photons on a photomultiplier, the signal is digitized with a numerical oscilloscope.’
- ‘Spectra are corrected for the wavelength dependence of the emission monochromator and the photomultiplier and also by subtracting background intensities of the buffer solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.