One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Development of form and structure in plants which is affected by light, other than that occurring for photosynthesis.
- ‘This gene was originally identified as being involved in photomorphogenesis; the mutants show many features of normal light-driven development when grown in the dark.’
- ‘An emerging seedling may enter one of two alternative pathways of development: skotomorphogenesis or photomorphogenesis.’
- ‘Cryptochromes are pigmented photoreceptors that are involved in blue-light mediated photomorphogenesis and photoperiodism in plants.’
- ‘One of the most dramatic effects of light on plant development is observed in the de-etiolation process of photomorphogenesis, when plants pass from heterotrophic to autotrophic life.’
- ‘Light is one of the most important environmental factors exerting great influences on the growth and development of plants via photosynthesis and photomorphogenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.