One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A photographic pattern used in making microcircuits, ultraviolet light being shone through the mask on to a photoresist in order to transfer the pattern.
matte, shadow mask, masking, masking tapeView synonyms
- ‘It appears that the costs of not only tools but of photomasks are poised to skyrocket.’
- ‘In addition, conventional optical pellicles used to protect the photomasks and the image plane will not work for EUV masks.’
- ‘Like the technologies used to create the photomasks and microchips, quality assurance tools such as mask and wafer inspection systems are both costly and challenging.’
- ‘Now two companies have introduced nanomachining systems they say will open up the ability to deal with tiny technologies like quantum dots and photomasks for lithography.’
- ‘Microlithography projects a pattern from a photomask through an optical system to create IC chips using ultraviolet laser light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.