One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
lensman, paparazzo, documentarianView synonyms
- ‘In 1858, appearing in one of the land-dispute cases for which he furnished testimony in the form of photographs he had made, Watkins described himself as "a photographist."’
- ‘There are some faces so mobile that photographists cannot take them.’
- ‘His cased portraits carried the words "Mr George Ruff - Artist and Photographist".’
- ‘It is as if the actors in a burlesque had one by one left the stage and obligingly posed for a photographist.’
- ‘The artist need not fear the encroachment of the photographist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.