One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of photography in surveying and mapping to ascertain measurements between objects.
- ‘The applications for photogrammetry using only a digital camera and inexpensive, easy-to-use PC-based software are virtually unlimited.’
- ‘Such areas of survey work also rely more on modern techniques, such as satellite imagery, digital photogrammetry (making of maps from aerial photographs), and global positioning systems.’
- ‘At that time, a bunch of European and North American groups were just obtaining the first practical results of GPS positioning for airborne photogrammetry and remote sensing.’
- ‘The means of data collection include space geodesy, terrestrial land surveying, mining and engineering surveying, geophysical surveying, hydrography, remote sensing, and photogrammetry.’
- ‘Aerial photogrammetry in northern Foxe Basin in early to mid-August of 1996 to 1999 found that a much higher than expected proportion of the bowheads summering there were calves and subadults.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.