Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting treatment for cancer involving the injection of a cytotoxic compound which is relatively inactive until activated by a laser beam after collecting in the tumour.‘patients are being treated with photodynamic therapy’
- ‘The efficacy of photodynamic treatment may be increased by adjuvant treatments.’
- ‘He also did original work in photodynamic therapy for bladder cancers.’
- ‘It is suitable for a number of medical applications including photodynamic therapy for cancer treatments, ophthalmology, and dermatology.’
- ‘Other options include endoscopic ablation with thermal or photodynamic therapy.’
- ‘New treatments such as photodynamic therapy and macular surgery may limit the extent of visual loss and in a few cases even restore sight.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.