Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Dissociation of a chemical compound by the action of light.‘ozone is produced at stratospheric levels by photodissociation of molecular oxygen’
- ‘Oxygen would be produced by photodissociation of water vapour.’
- ‘The retention of motion in heme proteins in sugar glasses is also shown by the recombination of CO after photodissociation.’
- ‘The size of the peak indicates complete photodissociation of carbon monoxide.’
- ‘This involves photodissociation or direct breaking of intramolecular bonds in biopolymers, caused by absorption of incident photons and subsequent release of biological material.’
- ‘This method is also useful to probe the oxygen on/off rates, especially when the quantum yield for oxygen photodissociation is low.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.