One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that detects or responds to incident light by using the electrical effect of individual photons.
- ‘The rear and front surfaces of an object are covered with a material containing an array of photodetectors and light emitters respectively.’
- ‘So far, we've made nanoscale lasers, photodetectors, and ribbons that serve as flexible sub-wavelength optical waveguides.’
- ‘As the optical input signal (blue line) to a photodetector increases, the electrical output signal (red line) increases proportionally, and then begins to deviate from linear.’
- ‘In the simple experiment, a converging lens focuses laser light from two pinholes onto two different photodetectors.’
- ‘A plurality of photodetectors is used to detect the light and determine a first three-dimensional position of the interaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.