Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electric current induced by the action of light.
- ‘The films generate a photocurrent under visible light irradiation.’
- ‘In the previous study, the photocurrent was induced by continuous illumination and the results contained the contribution of multiple steps.’
- ‘The coating absorbs some of the laser's light, a percentage of which is made into a photocurrent.’
- ‘The amplitude gain is determined by the detected photocurrent, which is used to modulate the amplitude of the local oscillator.’
- ‘Particle movement deflects the forward-scattered light and creates a photocurrent imbalance across the quadrants of the photodiode detector.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.