One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In his Astoria (N.Y.) lab on Oct. 22, 1938, he took a photoconductive zinc plate and rubbed it with a handkerchief to produce a positive charge.’
- ‘An electrophotographic photoconductor has an electroconductive support and a photoconductive layer formed thereon containing the above-mentioned aromatic block polycarbonate resin.’
- ‘Closely related to the photoelectric effect is the photoconductive effect which is the increase in electrical conductivity of certain nonmetallic materials such as cadmium sulfide when exposed to light.’
- ‘On the photon-detector side are photoconductive, photovoltaic, and electromagnetic detectors.’
- ‘During a scan, reflected IR light is picked up through the fiber and is detected by an MCT photoconductive detector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.