One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Haze in the atmosphere accompanied by high levels of ozone and nitrogen oxides, caused by the action of sunlight on pollutants.
- ‘One project they have planned is the ultra-sensitive detection of short-lived atmospheric species that control photochemical smog formation.’
- ‘In sunny, still weather we actually get photochemical smog in York - and each speed bump is adding its own contribution.’
- ‘Ozone at ground level can be manufactured as part of photochemical smog.’
- ‘Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and unburned hydrocarbons are the main exhaust pollutants and they are involved in the production of damaging photochemical smog.’
- ‘In summer the city suffers high levels of photochemical smog, and in winter high levels of haze are common.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.