One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for photoelectric cell
- ‘The receiver uses a photocell or photodiode to detect the light.’
- ‘In the presence of a magnetic field, the amount of laser light that is absorbed by the atoms changes and this is detected by a photocell.’
- ‘The light passing through each filter is detected by the photocell, where it is converted to an electrical pulse.’
- ‘Single flies were loaded into glass tubes and each glass tube was clamped between the diodes of the photocells.’
- ‘We used a battery of twenty photocells and lasers, enough to register an object as small a fly passing by.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.