Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of the effects of light on living organisms.
- ‘These data demonstrate the usefulness of these assays for environmental photobiology and the potential for their use in studying the relative impacts of UVB versus UVA, including ozone depletion events.’
- ‘Mice, because of their size, cost and ease of handling, are used regularly for experiments in photobiology and immunology.’
- ‘The results obtained, being important for photobiology from a fundamental point of view, may have relevance to the cancer biology and DNA communities.’
- ‘The search for new compounds with potential photosensitization activity for biological systems is relevant to the science of photobiology.’
- ‘A variety of light sources have been used in the literature of photobiology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.