Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of the effects of light on living organisms.
- ‘The results obtained, being important for photobiology from a fundamental point of view, may have relevance to the cancer biology and DNA communities.’
- ‘The search for new compounds with potential photosensitization activity for biological systems is relevant to the science of photobiology.’
- ‘Mice, because of their size, cost and ease of handling, are used regularly for experiments in photobiology and immunology.’
- ‘These data demonstrate the usefulness of these assays for environmental photobiology and the potential for their use in studying the relative impacts of UVB versus UVA, including ozone depletion events.’
- ‘A variety of light sources have been used in the literature of photobiology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.