One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbphotoing, photoes, photoed[with object]informal
Take a photograph of.‘do we wait till you've had him photoed?’
- ‘It's quite refreshing to not feel like I'm holding anyone up with my photoing everything when we're both as eager to get a shot.’
- ‘All I need is for Mick Jagger to ask me to photo one of his gigs and I'm all made up.’
- ‘The CSTs have photoed her but they've come back outside until they're needed.’
- ‘I don't think you can photo things like Servitors or summon Hermes to visible appearance on Oprah.’
- ‘West Mayo is full of Marian statues and my favourite is the one in Kilmeena which I've photoed more than once.’
- ‘Linda has gone off to photo some Naxi woman and I am just chilling for the day.’
- ‘Derek Savage and Matthew Clancy are photoed celebrating a score.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.