One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Introduce a phosphate group into (a molecule or compound)‘glucose is normally phosphorylated as soon as it enters the cell’
- ‘This flavoprotein is a serine-threonine protein kinase able to phosphorylate its serine and threonine residues.’
- ‘These kinases have various substrates and have been shown to phosphorylate such diverse proteins as transcription factors, metabolic enzymes, ion pumps and cytoskeletal components.’
- ‘Following sucrose cleavage by invertase, the liberated glucose and fructose are phosphorylated before undergoing further metabolism.’
- ‘In general, protein kinases are enzymes that phosphorylate proteins, which then become activated.’
- ‘First, it phosphorylates glycogen synthase, an enzyme that binds glucoses into the storage molecule, glycogen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.