One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which introduces a phosphate group into an organic molecule, notably glucose.
- ‘AKH receptors, located on the surface of fat body cells, trigger increased synthesis of cAMP, which serves to activate phosphorylase b kinase, leading to phosphorylase activation, and the subsequent release of glucose from glycogen.’
- ‘D-enzyme converts G3 into glucose and larger glucans for further attack by amylases and phosphorylase.’
- ‘In contrast, when athletes stop training, the activities of their muscles' glycolytic enzymes, such as phosphorylase and phosphofructokinase, change little, if at all, for at least four weeks.’
- ‘The enzyme activated by glucagon is glycogen phosphorylase.’
- ‘A comparison of starch-degrading enzymes showed a slight decrease of starch phosphorylase, unaltered amylase and moderately increased ß-amylase activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.