One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which introduces a phosphate group into an organic molecule, notably glucose.
- ‘In contrast, when athletes stop training, the activities of their muscles' glycolytic enzymes, such as phosphorylase and phosphofructokinase, change little, if at all, for at least four weeks.’
- ‘The enzyme activated by glucagon is glycogen phosphorylase.’
- ‘AKH receptors, located on the surface of fat body cells, trigger increased synthesis of cAMP, which serves to activate phosphorylase b kinase, leading to phosphorylase activation, and the subsequent release of glucose from glycogen.’
- ‘A comparison of starch-degrading enzymes showed a slight decrease of starch phosphorylase, unaltered amylase and moderately increased ß-amylase activities.’
- ‘D-enzyme converts G3 into glucose and larger glucans for further attack by amylases and phosphorylase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.