One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Becquerel in Paris wondered whether naturally fluorescent or phosphorescent substances might also emit X-rays.’
- ‘Of course, the use of electrons, photons, phosphorescent light and fluorescence microscopy largely remain a mystery to me, but not because their capacity for imaging is itself mysterious.’
- ‘All barites that fluoresce are phosphorescent for variable lengths of time after extended ultraviolet radiation exposure.’
- ‘Everything, the real walls, the maze walls, and the floors, are painted with phosphorescent paint and black lights are mounted in the ceiling.’
- ‘Many diamonds are fluorescent and phosphorescent under ultraviolet radiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.