One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many diamonds are fluorescent and phosphorescent under ultraviolet radiation.’
- ‘Of course, the use of electrons, photons, phosphorescent light and fluorescence microscopy largely remain a mystery to me, but not because their capacity for imaging is itself mysterious.’
- ‘All barites that fluoresce are phosphorescent for variable lengths of time after extended ultraviolet radiation exposure.’
- ‘Becquerel in Paris wondered whether naturally fluorescent or phosphorescent substances might also emit X-rays.’
- ‘Everything, the real walls, the maze walls, and the floors, are painted with phosphorescent paint and black lights are mounted in the ceiling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.