One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of phosphonic acid.
- ‘Scale can be controlled chemically using substances such as polyphosphates, phosphonates and various polymers.’
- ‘‘Alude is a new entry into the phosphonate side of the market,’ said Cleary's Rick Fletcher.’
- ‘Cidofovir is a nucleoside phosphonate analogue that inhibits herpes virus DNA polymerases.’
- ‘Dr Kee believes the earliest forms of DNA / RNA could have been built from other phosphorus-containing molecules called phosphonates, because they are water-soluble and more reactive.’
- ‘P esters and phosphonates are present in unchanging proportions throughout the ocean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.