One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lipid containing a phosphate group in its molecule, e.g. phosphatidylcholine.
- ‘This category contains phospholipids, proteolytic enzymes, proteinases, proteases, and peptidases.’
- ‘Deviations from ideal mixing have long been observed in molecular areas of monolayers containing phospholipids and cholesterol.’
- ‘Stable domains rich in cholesterol and phospholipids also form spontaneously in bilayer vesicles.’
- ‘In this work we propose that a hydrogen-bonded network can emerge in bilayers containing a mixture of phospholipids and cholesterol.’
- ‘This ratio is also indicative that the dye is bound to the enzyme and not to phospholipids that was carried over with the protein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.