One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which breaks a phosphodiester bond in an oligonucleotide.
- ‘Its mechanism of action is thought to involve inhibition of cyclic adenosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase and enhancement of the effect of prostaglandin I2.’
- ‘Calf spleen phosphodiesterase, snake venom phosphodiesterase and alkaline phosphatase were from Roche Molecular Biochemicals (Meylan, France).’
- ‘In isolated cilia and in intact olfactory receptor neurons, studies have shown basal activities of both adenylate cyclase and cAMP phosphodiesterase.’
- ‘One technique involves using drugs, such as a growth hormone, to activate a molecule known as ERK5, which suppresses the enzyme phosphodiesterase.’
- ‘Cilostazol blocks the activity of the enzyme phosphodiesterase which induces platelet aggregation and prevents the degradation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.