One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical bond of the kind joining successive sugar molecules in a polynucleotide.
- ‘The alteration in size on cleavage of the phosphodiester bond at the 8-oxoguanine is detected by conventional gel electrophoresis and visualization of the P-labelled fragments.’
- ‘Topological problems related to DNA metabolism are solved by a class of enzymes, named DNA topoisomerases, able transiently to break and reseal phosphodiester bonds via the formation of a covalent DNA-protein intermediate.’
- ‘Certain glycosylases also have abasic lyase activity, cleaving the phosphodiester bond adjacent to the abasic deoxyribose residue.’
- ‘Ribozymes are molecules of ribonucleic acid that catalyze reactions on the phosphodiester bond of other RNAs.’
- ‘DNA ligase and RNA ligase from the bacteriophage T4 catalyze the formation of the phosphodiester bond between two molecules of nucleic acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.