One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical bond of the kind joining successive sugar molecules in a polynucleotide.
- ‘DNA ligase and RNA ligase from the bacteriophage T4 catalyze the formation of the phosphodiester bond between two molecules of nucleic acid.’
- ‘Certain glycosylases also have abasic lyase activity, cleaving the phosphodiester bond adjacent to the abasic deoxyribose residue.’
- ‘Ribozymes are molecules of ribonucleic acid that catalyze reactions on the phosphodiester bond of other RNAs.’
- ‘The alteration in size on cleavage of the phosphodiester bond at the 8-oxoguanine is detected by conventional gel electrophoresis and visualization of the P-labelled fragments.’
- ‘Topological problems related to DNA metabolism are solved by a class of enzymes, named DNA topoisomerases, able transiently to break and reseal phosphodiester bonds via the formation of a covalent DNA-protein intermediate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.