One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of organic phosphates in a specified (acid or alkaline) environment.
- ‘The granules contain several enzymes: alkaline phosphatase, collagenase, and lysozyme.’
- ‘Laboratory findings included elevated levels of alkaline phosphatase and lactate dehydrogenase.’
- ‘Immunohistochemical detection by, for example, alkaline phosphatase or peroxidase has been utilized in some papers.’
- ‘Patients presenting with obstructive jaundice show increases in serum bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, and glutamyl transferase.’
- ‘A phosphatase inhibitor, sodium vanadate, reduced the effect of alkaline phosphatase and the p48 band remained undetectable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.