One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But in terms of syllable structure, the phonotactic constraints of French are winning out over English.’
- ‘The vocalist has a good grasp of English sounds and phonological processes, but in terms of syllable structure, we can say that his yaourt conforms more to French phonotactic constraints than those of English.’
- ‘These results suggest that speech perception of segment-level duration or quantity differences and phonotactic skills in speech production are strongly predictive of reading development from an early age onward.’
- ‘Consequently, we need to scrutinize next the role of prosody, as well as the role of the word, syllable, and phonotactic nature of children's speech.’
- ‘A few of them look like they are generated randomly without regard to phonotactic constraints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.