One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But in terms of syllable structure, the phonotactic constraints of French are winning out over English.’
- ‘A few of them look like they are generated randomly without regard to phonotactic constraints.’
- ‘The vocalist has a good grasp of English sounds and phonological processes, but in terms of syllable structure, we can say that his yaourt conforms more to French phonotactic constraints than those of English.’
- ‘These results suggest that speech perception of segment-level duration or quantity differences and phonotactic skills in speech production are strongly predictive of reading development from an early age onward.’
- ‘Consequently, we need to scrutinize next the role of prosody, as well as the role of the word, syllable, and phonotactic nature of children's speech.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.