One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A symbol representing a vocal sound.
- ‘The most crucial distinction is that Chinese is ideogram, but nushu is, on the contrary, a phonogram that represents local dialect.’
- ‘Words could be written using only phonograms or ideograms, but most used a combination of both.’
- ‘Many phonics programs teach the blends as separate phonograms.’
- ‘Although it is often difficult to decide whether a sign is an ideogram or a phonogram.’
- ‘While it is possible that the Egyptians borrowed the idea for ideograms and phonograms from the Sumerians, many experts think that would be very unlikely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.