One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A method of teaching people to read by correlating sounds with symbols in an alphabetic writing system.
- ‘The role of phonics in reading and writing instruction has become as much a political issue as an educational one.’
- ‘The primary focus of our teacher's reading instruction was phonics and reading fluency.’
- ‘One class in particular is the Early Literacy class, which is well taught and focuses on phonics and other early reading methods mandated by the State of California.’
- ‘For reading, it's phonics, phonics, phonics, supplemented with literature when the kids are ready for it.’
- ‘In the crucial early years of a child's education we need phonics and only phonics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.