One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many Arabic and Persian loan words were removed, while words from European languages were phoneticized.’
- ‘Officers from Kojimachi police department in Tokyo have prepared a list of questions in the Irish language and phoneticised the pronunciation in Japanese script.’
- ‘One of the very basic errors of this theory was that, in order to recognize the written word, the child first had to be able to phoneticize it.’
- ‘Regardless of one's ability to phoneticize the time of day or explain the meaning of a colloquialism, funny is funny.’
- ‘This is a novel steeped in the customs and cadences of the South, and Gay makes a good attempt at phoneticising the Southern drawl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.