One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead, the list of names with front vowels surely differed from the list of names with back vowels in many other ways, phonetically and otherwise.’
- ‘There is more to phonics than merely learning to spell words phonetically.’
- ‘The/l / at the end of bell is still phonetically a lateral consonant for me, pronounced with the blade of my tongue in contact with the roof of my mouth.’
- ‘Now, even the phonetically challenged will master the pronunciation of ‘Tuiasosopo.’’
- ‘They found that baby-talk vowels are not just spoken more clearly, but are phonetically different from their adult equivalents, New Scientist magazine reported.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.