One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is more to phonics than merely learning to spell words phonetically.’
- ‘They found that baby-talk vowels are not just spoken more clearly, but are phonetically different from their adult equivalents, New Scientist magazine reported.’
- ‘Instead, the list of names with front vowels surely differed from the list of names with back vowels in many other ways, phonetically and otherwise.’
- ‘The/l / at the end of bell is still phonetically a lateral consonant for me, pronounced with the blade of my tongue in contact with the roof of my mouth.’
- ‘Now, even the phonetically challenged will master the pronunciation of ‘Tuiasosopo.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.