Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or practice of gaining unauthorized access to data stored in another person's phone, especially in order to access their voicemail.‘these claims may now be suspended while the police investigate the alleged phone hacking’
- ‘On phone hacking, we believe the police should thoroughly investigate all allegations.’
- ‘Her claims came after the former home secretary said there may be a need for a police inquiry into mobile phone hacking to be reopened.’
- ‘But it seems that the hackers who share this knowledge are still only taking a side glance at the possibilities of phone hacking.’
- ‘If you think that phone hacking is bad now, take a gander at what's coming.’
- ‘But he claimed that it was an isolated incident and that he had known nothing about the phone hacking.’
- ‘"I hope now finally that the police will be able to conduct the full, transparent, and thorough inquiry into phone hacking that we are still waiting for and that the murky truth will come to light."’
- ‘This, in turn eases phone hacking, so eventually, some of the manufacturers may simply give up and not try too hard to keep control of the handset.’
- ‘There's something going on here, but I just don't believe it's entirely cell phone hacking.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.