Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for venography
- ‘Invasive venous tests can be performed as well, including ascending and descending venous phlebography.’
- ‘Venous leg ulcers were diagnosed according to clinical criteria and confirmed with duplex Doppler ultrasonography, ascending phlebography, and foot volumetry when the ulcers had healed.’
- ‘However, this system may be most appropriate for vascular specialists and surgeons due to its complexity and requirement for objective testing using Doppler studies, duplex scanning, plethysmography, and phlebography.’
- ‘Such algorithms limit the requirement for phlebography and pulmonary angiography to a small fraction of patients suspected of the disease.’
- ‘Durbec et al found a 6.6% incidence of iliofemoral DVT (3% in control limbs) using phlebography and concluded, in contrast to others, that this incidence was acceptable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.