Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for venography
- ‘Venous leg ulcers were diagnosed according to clinical criteria and confirmed with duplex Doppler ultrasonography, ascending phlebography, and foot volumetry when the ulcers had healed.’
- ‘Durbec et al found a 6.6% incidence of iliofemoral DVT (3% in control limbs) using phlebography and concluded, in contrast to others, that this incidence was acceptable.’
- ‘Such algorithms limit the requirement for phlebography and pulmonary angiography to a small fraction of patients suspected of the disease.’
- ‘However, this system may be most appropriate for vascular specialists and surgeons due to its complexity and requirement for objective testing using Doppler studies, duplex scanning, plethysmography, and phlebography.’
- ‘Invasive venous tests can be performed as well, including ascending and descending venous phlebography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.