One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Using his humanist skills in rhetoric, philosophy, and philology, he demonstrated that its historical anachronisms, philological errors, and contradictions in logic revealed that the Donation was an 8th-century forgery.’
- ‘The Berlin anthropologist Bastian argued that Humboldt's ‘comparative method’ allowed natural science to surpass historical and philological criticism as a tool for interpreting human culture.’
- ‘Both in his translation and in his other exegetical work, he employed philological techniques unusual for Jewish scholars: he attempted to derive the literal meaning of the texts from the semantics of the individual words.’
- ‘His philological pursuits, interest in Indian legal literature (rare among Europeans of his time), and his liberal political outlook, introduced him to Indian languages, including SANSKRIT.’
- ‘As he unravels the origins of Tolkien's work, Shippey goes into great philological detail about the origins of words.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.