One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who readily or frequently enters into casual sexual relationships with women; a womanizer.‘he was known as a philanderer’
womanizer, casanova, don juan, lothario, flirt, ladies' man, playboy, romeo, seducer, rake, roué, libertine, debaucheeView synonyms
- ‘He was a well known philanderer who specialized in slightly tawdry mistresses, a ne'er-do-well who barely kept up a front of respectability and who borrowed large sums of money from his son.’
- ‘Ted has become an unrepentant philanderer, using the façade of his artwork to lure women into posing for his impressionistic and erotic illustrations.’
- ‘Many of the verses harp on the illicit and conjure a false world where women are mistresses and men, philanderers.’
- ‘Nick used to be a philanderer when he was younger and immature, and he had all tastes of women - all gorgeous ones too - but this time, it was different.’
- ‘Philip was a serial philanderer who did not bother to conduct his affairs very discreetly, which infuriated the moody and jealous Joan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.