A man who readily or frequently enters into casual sexual relationships with women; a womanizer.‘he was known as a philanderer’
womanizer, casanova, don juan, lothario, flirt, ladies' man, playboy, romeo, seducer, rake, roué, libertine, debaucheeView synonyms
- ‘Ted has become an unrepentant philanderer, using the façade of his artwork to lure women into posing for his impressionistic and erotic illustrations.’
- ‘Many of the verses harp on the illicit and conjure a false world where women are mistresses and men, philanderers.’
- ‘He was a well known philanderer who specialized in slightly tawdry mistresses, a ne'er-do-well who barely kept up a front of respectability and who borrowed large sums of money from his son.’
- ‘Philip was a serial philanderer who did not bother to conduct his affairs very discreetly, which infuriated the moody and jealous Joan.’
- ‘Nick used to be a philanderer when he was younger and immature, and he had all tastes of women - all gorgeous ones too - but this time, it was different.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.