One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the observable characteristics of an individual resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment.‘breeding animals were selected for phenotypic traits such as size’
- ‘Environmental factors can determine the phenotypic presentation of familial Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘The test is based on phenotypical reversion to the wild-type red eye colour.’
- ‘Their television daughter shows no phenotypic signs of being biracial.’
- ‘In some cases, the position of the gene on a chromosome can affect the phenotypic outcome.’
- ‘The fact that phenotypic differentiation is most pronounced in male secondary sexual ornaments suggests a primary role for sexual selection.’
- ‘Molecular heterogeneity for PKU results in wide phenotypic heterogeneity, which contributes to biochemical individuality.’
- ‘We chose unexposed siblings to provide phenotypic controls, a standard way of establishing acquired rather than inherited abnormalities.’
- ‘Physical intersexes are rare but do occur, and there are also cases in which chromosomal sex is different from phenotypical sex.’
- ‘Phenotypic testing was initially a laborious process involving multiple cultures of HIV.’
- ‘At the proximal level, attraction may be facilitated by phenotypic matching, a mechanism proposed to foster recognition of close kin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.