One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The diazonium salt can also be reacted and joined to phenolic groups and amines to give azo compounds.’
- ‘In general, alkalis do not react with alcohols, but they do react with phenolic compounds.’
- ‘Soy protein is inexpensive and renewable, but it lacks the unique amino acid with phenolic hydroxyl groups that provide adhesive properties.’
- ‘Other natural antimicrobials include the phenolic compounds thymol, found in thyme, oregano and sage, and eugenol, the main flavour ingredient of cloves and allspice.’
- ‘Varnishes may be based on phenolic, alkyd, epoxy or polyurethane resins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.