One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Soy protein is inexpensive and renewable, but it lacks the unique amino acid with phenolic hydroxyl groups that provide adhesive properties.’
- ‘In general, alkalis do not react with alcohols, but they do react with phenolic compounds.’
- ‘Other natural antimicrobials include the phenolic compounds thymol, found in thyme, oregano and sage, and eugenol, the main flavour ingredient of cloves and allspice.’
- ‘Varnishes may be based on phenolic, alkyd, epoxy or polyurethane resins.’
- ‘The diazonium salt can also be reacted and joined to phenolic groups and amines to give azo compounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.