One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- US term for phenobarbitone
- ‘It is well known that many drugs such as benzodiazepines and phenobarbital possess anxiolytic and sedative effects.’
- ‘Before 1990, six major AEDs were available for the treatment of all forms of epilepsy: carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, valproic acid, and ethosuximide.’
- ‘Although valerian's action is comparable to the barbiturate phenobarbital, it doesn't cause the next-day dizziness, blurred vision, drowsiness or decreased concentration associated with barbiturates.’
- ‘Carbamazepine, phenobarbital and phenytoin are commonly prescribed for the management of epilepsy and other disorders.’
- ‘All of the women included in the case part of the study were taking at least one of the following folic acid antagonists: trimethoprim, triamterene, sulfasalazine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone and carbamazepine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.