One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic compound derived from piperidine, used as a veterinary anaesthetic and in hallucinogenic drugs such as angel dust.
- ‘Rune immediately recognized the effects of phencyclidine or more commonly known as ‘angel dust.’’
- ‘Hallucinogens, such as phencyclidine (PCP or angel dust) produce schizophrenic-like symptoms in healthy people.’
- ‘Random drug testing was conducted on urine specimens to detect the use of amphetamines, opiates, cocaine, marijuana, and phencyclidine.’
- ‘Ketamine was derived from phencyclidine in the 1960s for use as a dissociative anesthetic.’
- ‘Ketamine, a derivative of phencyclidine hydrochloride, was introduced in the 1960s as a dissociative anesthetic.’
1950s: from pheno- + cyclo- + a shortened form of piperidine.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.