One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline hydrocarbon present in coal tar.
- ‘The difference in expression of vitellogenin and choriogenins H and E between fish exposed to phenanthrene and reduced phenanthrene suggests that the two compounds may affect estrogenic receptors differently.’
- ‘The organic compound phenanthrene can be precipitated from an ethanolic solution by the addition of water.’
- ‘Hplc analysis of the extracts showed that phenanthrene, fluoranthene and pyrene were the most abundant PAHs in all samples.’
- ‘The Cornell team worked with sand contaminated with phenanthrene, a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon typically found in coal tar.’
- ‘Fujiwara repeated uptake and release experiments with both pyrene and phenanthrene, whose molecules are smaller than those of cholestane, with similar results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.